8 TIPS TO FIGHT FRAUD
- Immediately report lost or stolen cards to your credit union.
- Cover the ATM PIN pad when entering your number.
- Choose a credit and debit PIN number that is difficult to guess, but easy for you to remember.
- Do not reply to any email, text or phone requests for you social security number, credit or debit account number or any other personal information.
- Monitor your credit report,credit and debit card accounts, online banking, and statements for unauthorized transactions.
- Shred all credit and debit card statements or financial documents before you throw them away.
- Before making purchases online with your credit or debit card, make sure the website is secure and the company reputable.
- Update anti-virus and spyware software regularly.
Share these tips with friends & family today.
Last updated on: December 5, 2011